Players will battle their opponents one-on-one using their own decks.
Choose a leader to be your alter ego and build a deck by combining cards of the class according to that leader.
In battle, you can summon and attack followers, or support them with spells and amulets.
If your opponent's health is 0, you win.
- EVOLVE has only six playable classes as opposed to digital Shadowverse's eight.
- Shadowcraft and Bloodcraft are combined into the unique new class "Nightmare."
- Portalcraft is not playable in EVOLVE, with many of its cards reassigned to other classes. For example, the Portalcraft followers Strikeform Golem and Guardform Golem are Witch (Runecraft) cards in EVOLVE.
- 「麗しの妖精姫」(uruwashi no yōsei hime, "Beautiful Fairy Princess") (Class: Elf)
- 「怨讐刀鬼」(onshū tōki, "Resentful Sword Demon") (Class: Royal)
- 「神秘錬成」(shinpi rensei, "Mysterious Training") (Class: Witch)
- 「蛇竜の爪牙」(jaryū no sōga, "Serpent Dragon's Claw Fangs") (Class: Dragon)
- 「永久なる定め」(eikyūnaru sadame, "Eternal Destiny") (Class: Nightmare)
- 「穢れし洗礼」(kegare shi senrei, "Impure Baptism") (Class: Bishop)